Subject: Never change a winning team ...
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 19:45:50 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 05.08.1997  22:07:19, schreiben Sie:

>Your saying that the M6 couldn't be improved by what I've proposed? Isn't
>its legend predicated by stealth and speed? Or is it, by the reverse
>implication, only a ludicrously expensive retro toy?
>
>What would be an acceptable M6 improvement?

Never change a winning team ... I bought an M, because she is as she is. You
take her in your hands, feel the weight, look through that cristal clear
viewfinder, and you know: "It's that!". Nothing compares to the feeling, the
connection between the _world outside_ and the way you already feel the pic
built up  _inside yourself_ by that instrument,  long time before you release
the shutter.

If I would like an automatic, or a cd camera, I would have selected the
corresponding one. Other brands have nice lenses also. But those
camera-instruments are different, the feeling between you and the pic is
different, because the instrument is different - just like in music. When you
play a horn, you cannot expect that you hear a violine.

I even would like, that Leitz offered a M6 without lightmeter additionally,
because the red arrows irritate during the picture creation process. In the
end you give more attention to the correct balance of the red arrows than to
the pic (that's the reason why I bought an additional M3 yesterday ... and
they have a really nice M2 also... <g>)

- -Alf