Subject: Re: Nikon vs. Leica answer
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:23:53 -0700

>but would you
>invest money at present in non-AF Nikkor lenses?

Yes, I'm planning to buy a manual focus 105/2.8 macro for my Nikon. I can't
afford an R system--for about 1/10th the price I can get a very nice lens
that will suit my purposes. It's not an investment, and I'm not too worried
about the lens being serviced down the road. As someone mentioned here in
another post, servicing mechanical devices is easier in the long run than
electronics for which the circuit boards no longer exist.

- -Charlie