Subject: Re: Leica repairs
From: Paul Krzyzanowski <pxk@cs.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 13:29:20 -0400

ted grant wrote:

> When I spend $20,000 for a lens and multi thousands more for other lenses and
> camera bodies, you bet your sweet butt I expect that if something unfortuane
> goes wrong with one of mine, I want it done immediately!  And to be told they
> can't fix it as they have three amateur's cameras ahead of mine, forget it!

So if I, as an amateur, spend $20K+ on equipment, I should not be entitled to the
samelevel of service from the manufacturer as you because our professions are
different??
Doesn't seem fair to me. Perhaps offering an extra-cost "high service grade"
warranty
or an "expedited service" fee could be justified, but I'd hate to be preempted and
not
get my camera in time for a once-in-a-lifetime vacation just because somebody else
decided that their needs are more important than mine.  Loaner cameras strike me as

a good solution (they work well in the automotive repair field).