Subject: Re: M6 Electronic On the Way
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:41:21 -0700

To repeat what I posted  a few months ago, I have been told by a friend
in Tokyo who regularly sees prototype cameras, that a sophisticated M
mount camera is under final development.

I don't know the details, but if they decide to go ahead with it, we
will see a Japanese Electronic M camera within the next year, and it
will not be by Leica.  Sorry, that is all he could tell me.  Could it be
the M mount patents ran out??

Stephen Gandy