Subject: M3 Rangefinder gremlins
From: Stephen Kobrin <kobrins@wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 08:49:15 -0400

Every once in a while the rangefinder on my M3 "blanks out."  That is, the
split image fades from the small rectangle and the area itself changes
color to a light rose.  I can bring back the split image immediately by
releasing the lens and then snapping it back into its mount.  I had my
rangefinder serviced within the last year and it works quite well
(contrast, etc.) other than the occasional instance when gremlins strike.
Any ideas about the cause?  Not a big deal if it is not a sign of some sort
of impending doom.  The "rose outs" appear to occur randomly with more than
one lens.

I have been off the LUG for a month or so and I am astounded at the
increased volume of messages.  However, as usual, more than enough are of
interest and the others easily skimmed over.

Steve