Subject: Instructions (was Re: Leica repairs)
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:42:21 -0400

>And, "oh yeah lets be careful out there and make sure you read the manuals!" :)

One of the reasons why I LOVE my all mechanical cameras. No gadgets,
readouts or whozits to remember how to read or what they mean.

Grabbed my wife's TVS the other day for a quick shot and damned if I could
remember how it indicated it had "found" the focus.

On vacation a couple of weeks ago, my wife asked me to remove the winder
from her RE. (What a pain if you have a neck strap on the camera) Since the
winder batteries power the camera when attached, I reminded her to check
the batteries in the camera. Neither she nor I could remember how to do
this.

Long live all mechanical cameras!

kw

- ----