Subject: Anyone Using a Monopod?
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 09:08:28 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I understand very clearly that a tripod is best for sharpest pictures
because it eliminates camera shake.  Tripods are also not that convenient
to lug around and often heavy.

Has anyone used the new carbon fiber monopod by Gitzo?  It would seem to be
very light with a small ball and head socket on the end.  I wonder if you
could get a significant increase in sharpness with the use of a monopod
using a shutter speed range of 1/1000 to 1/60.

I've got a few tripods but you have to carry them, set them up and break
them down for each shot.  The smaller they are, the more leg extentions you
have to deal with every time you want to use it.

I wonder if a light weight monopod is the compromise most photographers
need for outdoor work.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA