Subject: Re: Which Way is Up
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 18:46:41 -0400 (EDT)

>Even though I've been using my Contax RTSIII for quite some time, I blew
>it.  At first I didn't notice that the in-camera display was flashing, and
>when I did I forgot what it meant - so I just kept on shooting and
>bracketing.
>
>Most of a roll later, as the magic moment of light had passed, I realized
>that the flashing meant that AE lock had been activated.

Micheal,

Don't be so hard on yourself. Though the prevailing wisdom around
photoworld is, as E.Puts recently said, 'if you're having a problem, it's
your fault'; there are some very good exceptions.

The RTSIII has one of the least intelligable viewfinder meter readouts ever
put into a camera, much less a $2500 one. _Everthing_ blinks as an
indication that all is well! A blinking speed in that finder is easily
ignored and that's an industrial designers fault. Not yours.

In manual, I've had five shutter speeds light up at once in there. Though
only some are blinking, they all seem to be.....

The Leica R's are blessed with far better readouts. Topics sake.

Regards,
Danny Gonzalez