Subject: Re: Seeing (was: Blind test)
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 08:05:48 CDT

Oddmund,

>express an interesting point of view. It will be impossible to feel
>your
>intentions. If you don't have any intention, or if it is impossible to
>recognize your idea, the image is empty, dead, without interest.

To whom???  Who is the judge???  If they look good to me, I really don't
care what anyone else thinks.  I'm tired of pictures of either old toilet
seats, weatherbeaten old boards, or a lot of people on the street
wandering around, or meaningless so called
symbolism, the reality behind the superficial.  Seeing is individual,
your great picture may be so much blah to me, and visa versa.

>inappropriate. I can understand an "amateur" who cares about image
>quality,
>but I think it is meaningless using a M6 for family snaps, developing
>and
>printing in quick labs.

If it works for you - do it.  As hobbists we just do whatever turns us
on.  I could care less if you think it is meaningless, but that is not a
personal put down.

>Looking around you discover that the joy of picture making among all
>those
>"ignorants" using cheap plastic cameras may be far more spontaneous
>and
>rich than the techno approach of certain Leica amateurs, loosing their

Yes and if it is raining they work great, and some underwater at that.

Keep preaching, maybe someone is listening.  Tak så mycket.

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK