Subject: "Other M6" lenses vs Zeiss; Folders; 120
From: uskanb2n@ibmmail.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:30:38 EDT

Has anyone closely compared the Mamiya 6 & 7 lenses to the Zeiss lenses
for Haselblad & Rollei? As proud of 'em as they are I should hope they
compare favorably.

I loved the results I got from my Rollei SLX, but hated the chiropractor
bills: put my back out almost every time I took it out. Sold the outfit
for a down payment on 10 acres of bottom land...

I have been occasionally shooting my Ikonta C with a f:3.5 Novar
Anastigmat and getting really outstanding chromes, BIG chromes that you
don't need a loupe to see what's in 'em, and stand up to the loupe quite
well too... Now, if it just had a better view finder & a range finder...

BTW: As I understand it, 120 is by a wide margin the oldest roll film
format still in use, introduced back in the days when safe lights were
still the norm for developing film... and enlarging all but unheard of.
And the only still format developed by Kodak currently available in a wide
variety of films...

                                          - John Lowther.