Subject: Re: m6 macro
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:21:50 -0700

At 07:23 AM 8/12/97 -0400, you wrote:

>>>On an M6? What lack of light metering?
>>>

>>I've never owned Leica RF camera much less a Visoflex. However, I believe a
>>visoflex has a mirror in it, basically turning a Leica RF into an SLR.
>>Doesn't this put the meter behind the mirror? How do you use an M6 meter if
>>the meter cannot see through the mirror?
>>
>Although slow in "normal" use, this works fine on a copy stand. -- Focus
>the lens wide open, stop down to the desired aperture, put the mirror up,
>meter the shot, release the shutter.
>
>kw

Does the M6 have spot metering, ie; center of field? If so, I still cannot
understand why one would use the built-in meter. Suppose there was a white
area in the center of what you are shooting? And you want it to be white,
not 18% gray, in the slide or print. It still seems to me that you are
metering blind. My thinking is that a visoflex and incident meter would
make a great team.

Jim