Subject: M6 Camera strap and Quick Lens Test
From: KEN_GERLACH@HP-SantaClara-om12.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 97 09:55:13 -0700

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Hi Luggers,

     I am really excited.  I just purchased a new M6 and used 50mm f1.4,
     and 90mm f2.  What a marvel of craftsmanship!

     The first thing to do for a newby like myself is to get a camera strap
     and test the used lens.

     Would any of you please recommend a high quality camera strap that
     will do a good job of protecting the camera from scratches at the lug
     connections and be very comfortable on the shoulders and neck and be
     discreet and unobtrusive.  I have used a leather wide strap with
     leather protectors at the lug connections on my Nikon but I can't find
     a manufacturer name on it.  Is the new neoprene(?) material the way to
     go?

     Also, any recommendations for a quick test of lens for any defects,
     etc.?

     Ken