Subject: Re: DM vs $
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 13:07:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bill -

 The $500 rebate will remain the same , as you say, til 12-31-97 but
the price difference is reflected in the dealer cost, relative to the
dealer selling price. He wants to keep the same profit margin, so
he raises or lowers the retail price accordingly.

<< Hello Marvin,

 My Leica rep told me about a week or so ago that the $500 rebate has
 been extended through December 31, 1997.

 Personally, I am not sure that the rebate is due to the drop in the
 value of the DM vs. the US Dollar.  Because if this was true, Leica
 would also be offering this or a similar rebate in the UK where the DM
 has also dropped vs. the Pound Sterling...which they are not doing.

 Best regards,
 Bill Erfurth