Subject: Re: Quick Noctilux question
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 14 Aug 97 20:00:41 EDT

Joe Berenbaum rote:

<<<My question to seasoned Noctilux users is; is the trick just
to take pictures where darker corners don't matter? (I can't think of any
other way to use this lens so I suppose this question answers itself).>>>

Hi Joe,

As a what you might call a seasoned user "since the lens came into the world" I
never think about the drop off at f.1, as in my photojournalist type work it
usually is an enhancing factor allowing for all attention to go towards the main
body of the image.

I suppose if one is shooting a wall and needs everything to be equal corner to
corner, he answer would be to use another version 50mm lens.

The drop off might be corrected if you stopped down a couple.

tted