Subject: Re: m6 macro
From: Mickey Rosenthal <michelr@inter.net.il>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 14:46:48 +0300

Lucian Chis wrote:

> JiIm,
>
> You can flip the mirror up in order to meter, but you know that for
> extreme close up you need a flash and figure out the aperture anyway
> by
> calculation.
> BTW, I sold my visoflex 2 b because I could not fit the 90degree prism
> on
> the M5 (too tall).
>
> Lucian

> light
> its
> 100mm
> > >
> > >On an M6? What lack of light metering?
> > >
> > >kw
> > >
> > >----
> > >Ken Wilcox
> >
> > Ken,
> >
> > I've never owned Leica RF camera much less a Visoflex. However, I
> believe a
> > visoflex has a mirror in it, basically turning a Leica RF into an
> SLR.
> > Doesn't this put the meter behind the mirror? How do you use an M6
> meter if
> > the meter cannot see through the mirror?
> >
> > Jim

   Ken,
You are right - my Leica is on old M4 and as most of these pictures are
taken outside during back packing excursions in the beautiful israelian
country side ( the subjects for macro are small animals and flowers)  -
the delay in light metering with this Visoflex combination is a serious
disadvantage.
Mickey Rosenthal