Subject: Winder Availability for R8
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:04:18 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

Now that I've begun to use the R8 for macro and slide work, it would be
nice to have even the slow autowinder (2 fps).  When you set the R8 up on a
tripod to shoot slides off a PC monitor, it is easiest to use the 2 sec
self timer combined with the MLU (mirror lock up) for consistently clear
slides.

I am now looking for an autowinder.  I heard the winder will be ready in
October and the motor drive due out first quarter 1998.

Anyone heard differently?

Thanks.

My thumb is tired already.

Richard