Subject: M6 and Duel Range Mystery Solved?
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 10:44:25 -0700

There has a lot of LUG traffic about the 50/2 Duel Range Summicron on
the M6.  Some users report it works, some don't.

This morning I was talking about the early M6 I had found and was told
out of the blue that the early version of the M6 will not mount the
early version of the DR.  He said that the original M6 light baffle
shroud  did not have cut outs in it to allow the mounting.  Later M6's
have these cut outs and will mount the lens, or earlier M6's can be
modified.  This is exactly what I found comparing the early and late
M6's.

 The shroud I am talking about is immediately behind the lens mount.  On
the early M6's the shroud is round all the way around, except for the
top for the RF coupling.  On the later M6's, the shroud has cut outs
into its outside edges corresponding to the four corners of the film
gate.

Does this make sense to everyone?

Stephen Gandy