Subject: Re: M6's Early Vs Late-L cassette operation
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:12:32 -0600 (MDT)

>Another option is the Motor Winder - M, the one I have retains the Leica
>cassette opener feature.
>Tom

Tom, have you tried removing the lug from the winder and installing it on
your M6 baseplate? Hmmm...

The cassette opening lug from the M3 and M4s can be installed on the M6
baseplate. I have r&r'd the item from an M4-P and from an M3 and installed
them on the 6's baseplate just to see if it would work. A perfect fit on
both counts.
Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO