Subject: Robert Frank and 5 degree M-6 meter
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 10:02:05 -0500

Hi Luggers,

I was visiting my favorite repairman yesterday and thumbed through the
May 1991 issue of the now defunct magazine Darkroom Photography.

In it was an article on Robert Frank.  At the time he was using "two
M-6s with a twist, a 5 degree meter."
I took that to mean he had a new curtain installed with a smaller
circle on it.   I don't know of any 5 degree spot meters except for the
5 degree attachments for Minolta flash meters.  Frank using one of
those seems to improbable to me.

It also stated he uses 35mm and 50mm Summiluxes, 90 Tele-Elmarit and
the 135 2.8 Tele-Elmarit.

The portrait of him for the article shows him sporting a M-series and a
LTM model camera.  The picture was too small and not sharp enough for
me to identify which models.

I wonder if it is possible and what it would cost  to special order
curtains with smaller diameter circles.  Or whether a black permanent
marker of some sorts could be used to modify the shape and size of the
circle on the existing curtain.   Any brave volunteers??????

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador

***** Message Was Scanned For Viruses *****