Subject: GOT My M6 !
From: "Ferdinand U. LuDo" <fld@mozcom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:01:28 +0800

hello luggers,

Just got my brand new chrome M6 today ! beautiful finish ! beautiful camera !

Right when I open the back, a little flat, metal feel off. Ohhh something
is wrong !

Yes I'm right, there is something wrong ! The frame counter wouldn't
advance after going thru a practice roll of film !! Its stuck between
35-40. Oh well ! I knew something like this was bound to happen.

Its irritating but I will use it for the next 4 months without the frame
counter functioning ! I will see what other possible problems might there
be before I send it back to the dealer for repairs.

I attached the 90/2.8 Tele Elmarit lens (skiny) borrowed from a friend. It
focuses fine, near and far distance, vertical and horizontal, no problem !

The meter is fine also. Is it normal after taking a shot, without advancing
the film the meter does not work until you reach the next frame ??

Luggers, any other things I should look out for in this time period & will
the frame counter problem get worst if I continue using it ?

Thanks,

Ferdinand