Subject: Trip to "Solmes"
From: Eric Meyer <74415.1305@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 Aug 97 13:50:15 EDT

To:  >INTERNET:Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Bill Grimwood wrote:
  >> Let me know if you thing it was worthy of publication.

     I would not assume that it was not published because it was
thought "politically incorrect" -- I see no problem there, other
than the consistent misspelling of "Solms".  I found it pleasant,
disjointed, short, and a bit passive or superficial -- nice, but
even keeping some good photos in mind, less than exciting as an
article for publication.  I don't know what Viewfinder's standards
are, but offhand I'd expect that they might want more dynamic and
better organized writing, more detailed (even behind the scenes)
information, more active involvement and conversations with plant
personnel.
     Absolutely no offense intended -- you did ask for criticism.  I
do think it would have been appropriate for them to have given you
some feedback themselves, rather than leaving you guessing.

              -- Eric Meyer.