Subject: Re: Which Leica? HELP !
From: Damiandlu@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 00:50:07 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Dan:  I read your note with interest as I am looking for a 50mm
summicron lens.  You state that the DR summicron is the ne pus ultra of 50mm
f2 lenses (more or less).  I have been able to find little information on
this lens in my tech sources.  Can you educate me a little more as to how
this lens functions.  This has releveance as I recently saw an M3 with a 50mm
summicron with ocular.  Could this be the famed "DR"    Why is the ocular
necsssary if the M3 has a viewfinder for 50 mm?

Thanks for you reply
Damian Dlugolecki
Troutdale OR