Subject: Re: New Leica Price Guide
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:51:08 +0200

Marvin Moss wrote:

>>However, the price for a M6 is AT LEAST DM
>> 2700,--

>> christoph
>  >>
> Chistoph -

>     The Hove Preisfuhrer give Mint und less averages in US$,  DM and
>pounds sterling - nicht neu prices.
>     German prices were quoted by Peter Coeln,1070-Wien, Austria und
>Leica Shop City , also of Vienna.
>     The point of my message was to show the used value of both the
>Solms und early Wetzlar.  The same relationship exists in the other
>2 countries as well..
>      I have visited both Solms & Wetzlar and have seen how metic-
>ulous the assembly methods are in both.
>      I am very sorry that you have failed to see the point of what I
>was trying to say and it might behoove you to get a copy of the guide.

>       Cheers -----Marvin Moss

Marvin,

I see the point in your message. You pointed out that there is a great
difference in value between used Solms & Wetzlar cameras.

I instead wanted to keep people from coming to germany expecting nice prices
for leica gear. The price of DM 2700,- was a second hand price. I never saw
any M6 for less money for years! However, the relation between Solms & Wetzlar
cameras might be the same as stated from you

So long

christoph