Subject: [none]
From: John Platt <platypus@oberon.ark.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 15:44:30 +1000

Hello there,
	I am new to the list and would appreciate some advise. Over the
last 2 months I have been using a friends M6 and am now in the position to
buy my own Leica. I am interested in purchacing a 2nd hand camera without
an internal meter. I have been looking thru the various retail outlets and
see that the M4, an older model is on average more expensive than the M4P.
Why? I remember being told some years ago by another Leica user to steer
clear of one of the M4 models, could it be the M4P.
	Advise on reputable dealers in the U.S. or Canada would also be
appreciated.
			Thanks in advance
				John Platt

JOHN