Subject: Re: New Leica Price Guide
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:51:12 +0000

> Stefan & Christoph -
>
>   Please dont argue the point with me, as the guide information for Europe
>  was compiled by your own people & for US it was Stan Tamarkin.

Marvin,

I don't know who is this obscure "your people" but what was compiled
from the data they gathered is moreover a corse guide to the region
the real price might be in.

>   The values stated in the guide (which I have nothing to do with) refer to
>  an amount that an item would change hands between private individuals.

May I send you some of our local Magazines and Newspapers to gather
the data from the private ads on your own? Even if you subtract the
part that usually goes off the price when dealing with individuals
the prices from the list are still to low.

>  It might behoove those that spout off at the mouth at the drop
>  of a hat
>  to read both the content of my message and the "Guide" in question:
>  Preisfuhrer - Guide de Prix - Guida ai Prezzi - International Price Guide
>   German Book Trade Distributor:  H.Lindemanns Buchhandlung
>    Nadlerstrasse 10,  D70173 Stuttgart,  Germany

I read your original posting, thank you for that hint.
I know the book in question. I had the opportunity to look through it
three or four times shaking my head after I put it back into the
shelf of the bookstore. Valuable info for someone who doesn't
have a rough idea what a certain item might cost but to someone who
is scanning through the ads once in a while the thing is rather
useless.

best regards

Stefan
- --