Subject: Re: Magnum/HCB/off-topic
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 97 03:28:56 -0400

>The group has probably talked about this before but in the summer of 92,
>The Learning Channel broadcast a program named "The History of Magnum".  It
>was great!  Starting with Magnum's beginnings up to 90's.  Many photographs
>and interviews.  Last year, I contacted TLC and they had no info since the
>company had changed hands just after the show aired. I then contacted
>(e-mail) the BBC, who produced the film, and they were very nice but no one
>seemed to know what documentary department it originated from.  I have an
>ok SLP copy of two episodes but am unsure if there are more.  Does anyone
>know if this documentary is available for purchase?  I would like better
>copies of the programs.  Did anyone see the program.
>
>Sorry if I am rehashing an old topic.

Mark,

Have you tried contacting Magnum? I'm sure that they are aware of the
documentary, and may even use it for publicity purposes. It's even
possible that they made it themselves--they have done a lot of books in
the last few years, using the photos in their archives.

If you can find out any information about it, please post it to the list!

- - Paul