Subject: Re[2]: Hektor 135mm 4.5
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 97 08:46:05 PST

     Hi Marc,

      Do you like the results shot with 2X tele-converter for M?

     Regards,
     David

Subject: Re: Hektor 135mm 4.5
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internetmail
Date:    08/26/97 7:32 AM

At 01:50 AM 8/26/97 -0400, Marvin Moss wrote:
>  135mm is the longest lens that can be used with a rangefinder
>camera.

It's not quite that absolute.  It probably would be safer to say that
Leitz/Leica came to regard 135mm as the longest focal length readily used
on their rangefinder cameras.  Komura made a 200mm RF-coupled lens which,
with extreme care, could be made to work with the Leica, and I have a 2X
Ukrainian tele-converter, RF-coupled, with which I have taken hand-held
shots with a 2/85 Jupiter-9 (yielding a 4/170 combination) on my M6 -- but
you have to hold your breath and be VERY still!

Zeiss Ikon, having a longer baseline on the Prewar Contax, made the
original 2.8/180 Olympia Sonnar in an RF-coupled mount -- but that wasn't
nearly as handy as the Flektoskop model which superseded it.  They, too,
came to regard 135mm as the upper limit for regular use.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!