Subject: Re: Was: What's Leica supposed to send me?
From: Detlef Beyer <d.beyer@hermes.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:01:08 +0200

>Ben wrote:
>
><<What are you folks doing to your M6s? Mine has never had a problem, and
>I whip
>it as hard as any camera I have owned.>>>>>
>
>g'evening Ben,.
>
>I'm with you!  I was just about to say the same thing.
>Or some folks are really using their cameras for hammers!  And that's a big
>difference to hammering with hundreds and hundreds of exposures. :)

Hi Ted,

as I wrote in some threads before the M6 is my most loved camera and I
would never give it away (except for repair)... But the M6 is also unique
in two other ways, compared to all other cameras I own(ed) (like a Rollei
2.8GX, Rollei SE35, Rollei 2000F, Nikon F4S, Linhof Technikardan, Leica
M4P, Plaubel, Nikon FM, ...):

1) even the Linhof is "cheap" compared to Leica
2) no other camera of me ever had to be repaired - but the M6 for 3 times
(shutter)

I carry around my M6 not as a pice of Art but to take photos and I love it
to clean cameras ;-)

It's obvious that the Leica quality is going down - the most innovative
part of Leica.

Detlef

<LEICA IMAGES> http://www.hermes.de/chile/ </LEICA IMAGES>