Subject: Re: Was: What's Leica supposed to send me?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Aug 97 10:52:13 EDT

Ken Wilcox wrote:

<<<I"ve pretty hard on mine I guess. I expected the film counter to count
exposures and reset to the proper place when I reloaded. Perhaps I'm
expecting too much from a camera for which I paid $2500.>>>

Hi Ken,

In my opinion you shouldn't have to expect "too much" when you and I and many
others pay the high money we do for what has always been billed as the "worlds
best" and expected product.

There should only be one expectation!  "we own Leicas and they have worked
perfectly for years" and they have survived as the leader of quality since the
beginning and there isn't any reason for it not to provide the same kind of
expected quality and operation today.

And if that isn't the case "why buy them?" And that is the question for each and
everyone of us to ask and for Leica to listen to and answer.
If they don't, they will find themselves in really deep economic sales
situations as they can only survive on reputation for so long, if the word gets
out that "buy one and it will fall apart in your hands"!

I believe this thread may do some good if all the complaints can be gathered at
one site and mass mailed to both Germany and USA.

ted