Subject: Re: Whate Leica say they will do
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 97 08:34:43 PST

     Hi,

      Maybe in 80's, Leitz used to send a Passport package including nice
     leather wallet for the certificate along with several other goodies
     like coin and roundrel and whatnot.  They stopped doing that.  I
     bought a M6, R6 and some other lenses in 1991 or 1992.  For those
     items at that time, Leica sent me a paper plastic card along with a
     congratulations letter.  After that I do not know what has happened to
     Leica.  It is my guess that Leica even drop it off to try to be the
     same as all the other Japanese camera makers.  As far as I know, any
     other Japanese camera makers notify you of their receipt of warranty
     card.

     Regards,
     David