Subject: Passport Cards.
From: Jim Licquia <jlicquia@NOSPAM.earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:27:19 -0500

From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 22:45:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Whate Leica say they will do

At 05:38 PM 8/28/97 -0500, Alistair wrote:
>     they ARE supposed to send out a little plastic passport card, with
>     your name, date, and item details and serial # on.
>
>     The 'book' is the Leica 'handbook' for the year (really a then-current
>     product catalogue).
>
>     The reason I shout 'ARE' is because they say in the documentation that
>     comes with new items that this is what they will do.

I have never received a 'little plastic passport card' for any new Leica
item I have ever purchased, nor am I aware of anything in the literature
have received saying that I should be so honoured.

I have placed one warranty claim, and it was promptly and cheerfully
honoured without any request for documentation at all -- they simply
replaced it.

I do receive the system handbook every year or three, but that's because
now know enough to ask for it -- I was sent one, gratis, two years ago
by
Leica and foolishly mentioned on the LUG that I had received this, only
find that everyone else seems to get one automatically ...

I have just recently received in the mail two Oassport protection cards
for my M6 and the 50/2.0 Summicron that I bought in June. The card shows
the serial No., warranty date, and expiration date. Terms and condition
are printed on the other side. Up until recently, Leica was only mailing
these to European customers.

I have had no problems with my M6 so far. I also have a late M2 and
prefer its' "feel" to the M6.

Jim Licquia