Subject: Re: Leica repairs
From: Rogerio Reis <rvr@ncc.up.pt>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 10:34:21 +0100

	Just another experience with Leica service...

	This August I went to spend my vacations in Norway and because my second
hand bought M6 (#1926399) was with a strange behavior (it would NOT shut a frame
 each 10 or so leaving the negative frame white), I went to Solms to try to find
 what was happening.

	After an hour of inspection they said they needed to replace the shutter
 curtains and the shutter timer, and that would take two weeks to fix. I was not
 happy (you can imagine) to spend all my vacations without a camera... but before
 I could complain they offer to lend me a M6 (a panda one) while fixing my camera.

	I didn't pay a cent and my camera returned without the initial problem...

	Do I have any complains about Leica service? How could I?

| Rogerio Reis            | rvr@ncc.up.pt	                	|
| Universidade do Porto	  |                                             |
| R.Campo Alegre, 823	  | 						|
| 4000 PORTO		  | Tel:	+351 2 6001672 (ext.112)        |
| PORTUGAL		  |   					        |
|"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be, and	|
|if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic!" |
|               -- Lewis Carroll					|