Subject: Re: Paparazzi &Princess Di
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 21:12:20 -0500

At 09:34 AM 9/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>1.  Does this mean that public demand for any product justifies whatever
>activities are necessary to produce it?

No, not at all. But to blame only the photographers is hypocritical for
those same people who read that trash.

>2.  Stalking laws are on the books - at least in the USA.  Why could /
>should these laws not be invoked in the case of overly-aggressive
>photographers?  I mean prison sentences, not wrist slaps.

Because it's a fine line between legitimate news and stepping over it into
invasion of privacy. It's a very high standard they have to prove. And that
protects our freedoms. Life is not easy. It's quite complex and to trash
our freedom does no one any good. We don't because the constitution does
not guarantee a right to privacy.

Besides, France has privacy laws. And now that we know the driver was drunk
out of his skull, we ought not blame the Paparazzi until we know for sure
they did have something to do with it.
>Kari:

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Okay, who put a  stop payment  on my reality check?