Subject: Cartier-Bresson show in Montreal
From: Stephen Sherman <ssherman@shermanphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 11:11:02 +0100

Just came back from a 4 day trip to Montreal.
What a great city!
While there I took in the newly opened Cartier-Bresson show  at the
Musee de Beaux-Arts.
All I can say is WOW. There where a number of 16x20" and LARGER prints
of his most famous images shot in the 30's.

With all the talk in this list of lines per mm and which 50 summicron is
best I think it is a lot of wasted time that could be better spent
actually using the lenses we already own.

Bresson's early pictures where taken with early uncoated lenses that are
quite inferior by todays standards. The image quality is outstanding
and  the images speak for themselves.

Also at the show are a large number of his drawings and paintings he's
done in the last 20 years as well as a print of the last photograph he
ever took.

It's up for a couple of month's