Subject: RE: Restricting Paps
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 15:16:00 -0500

I would be in favor of restricting Pap's ability to photograph
celebrities on private property.

i.e.  I think it's wrong for anyone to shoot photographs of people for
publication in their back yards or at the homes of their friends
without authorization.   Paps take photos from helicopters, over the
walls, through bushes, even through windows into stars homes if they
happen to leave the curtains open.  They even pay off neighbors to get
allow a good vantage point.  I think that's wrong.  Isn't there peeping
tom laws that apply?

If celebs are on a street, in a park or any other public places,
they're fair game, so to speak although a 10, 20 or 30 ft. law might be
nice.

This whole issue is kind of ironic when you consider how much of a pain
it is to get "modeling" releases on stuff that pays didly and these
pap's get thousands for sneaking shots of celebs on their own private
property.  Is it just me or is something rather stupid with the system.

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador