Subject: Re: Noctilux
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 18:05:47 -0400

ted grant wrote:

Snip

> I and many others refer to it as our "available darkness" lens simply
> because it allows you to shoot where others fear to tread without
> great
> gobs of flashing light.
>
> At f.1 you'll capture the mood of scenes like you have not likely shot
> before and if I sound enthusiastic about it, I am.  It has allowed me
> capture moments of people at work and play in quiet anonimity.
>
> At f.1 it opens up a whole new world for you to shoot by "available
> darkness/light". :).

Snip

> ted

Ted,

When you shoot available darkness are you using black & white? If or
when using color emulsions do you use chromes or  negs and, if so, what
do you do for correct color balance (or something close)? Do you use
color meter and CC filters? I'm interested in your technique and
approach because I get tired of lugging 300 lbs. of lights and stands
and other paraphenelia on location. Not that my stuff doesn't look good.
But I grow older every day and not always wiser.

Carl S.