Subject: Lens Caps
From: Welch <Bill.Welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 20:44:57 -0700

LUGs,
	I have a question or two for those who are expert at the arcane
accessories of the Leica M. In reading the LHSA's August catalog that
arrived this week, I noticed that one advertiser lists the following:

	Lenscap E39 ELC 1/4-20 stud inside ... MT-....$98.

	That caught my eye because A) That's a lot of money for a lens
cap, even by Leica standards, and B) I have one of those, which I picked
up with a used 50 Summicron long ago.

	I've often wondered why it had a screw stud inside the lenscap.
Now I'm also wondering why this lenscap would be so pricey. Is it a
rarity or particularly desirable for a function that has escaped me? Or
is it just overpriced? I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light
on this.

	I guess I'll have to dig the cap out of one of my bags and show
it more respect.

Regards,

Bill Welch