Subject: Re: Bokeh (again); Japanese L-mount lenses
From: "captyng" <captyng@vtx.ch>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 08:39:06 +0200

At 09:01 PM 04/09/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>At 12:40 AM 9/5/97 +0900, you wrote:
>>then again he could have a very precise wish list which nobody else at
>>Sigma is thinking of ever filling.  But if Sigma has no intention of
>>entering the market, why not just say so?
>
>And if Sigma made Leica mount lenses (in the SLR world Leica  is R, not L -
>that's Canon) nobody in their right minds would buy them. You don't go to a
>fine restaurant to eat hot dogs. :-)
>
>---------------------
>Eric Welch
>Grants Pass, OR
>
>Exaggeration is not all it's cracked up to be.

Sigma marketed R-mount lenses a couple of years back. Was no success. If
they would plan to manufacture M-lenses now, I am sure that they will do a
better job. In addition, they should also have learned by manufacturing
R-mount zoom lenses (Vario-Elmar R 3,5-4,5/28 - 70) for Leica.

This having said, I have a hard time understanding why somebody would spend
lots of money for a Leica body to put Sigma glass on it.

Gerard Captijn.