Subject: A Gentle Request Answered!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 07:53:54 -0400

At 03:36 AM 9/5/97 +0000, Danny Gonzalez wrote:

>Now I may trly be out of my mind but if an aftermarket company were to
offer a truly
>great performing 75 2.0, that was smaller, lighter and less expensive than
the
>non-existent Leica equivalent, I really might buy it. No, I probably would
buy it.

Something close has been on the market for years, the 2/85 Jupiter-9
manufactured by one of several Russian plants.  It's a clone of the old
Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar.  Mine doesn't perform quite as well as my 2/90
Summicron, but, then, the Russian lens is available for $100 or so ...

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315