Subject: apology
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 97 18:33:38 -0700

> Sensationalism and poor taste are not only common to the tabloids
> and the
> paparazzi. Even the best of intentions can be twisted into an ugly
> morass;
> witness the extreme tastelessness expressed in the naming of this
> thread.

Sorry, I had meant it as a gentle heading seeking that her death be
respected quietly but Australian humour is a bit different to yours. I'd be
surprized if too many Australians would have jumped on my silly heading,
but sorry- I stand rebuked.

Oh and I agree with Duane.<I would be in favor of restricting Pap's ability
to photograph celebrities on private property.> If they are off the street,
they should not appear in the papers. Private should be private.

As another Australian type humour, I was going to say "We haven't heard
from Oddmund. I hope Oddmund was not out on his moped last weekend.", but I
can see that it would also be misinterpreted. Where are you Oddmund when I
need help. We tasteless Australians could use a little French arrogance and
style right now.

Alastair Firkin,
who has long been known as al firkin
now my brother wants to call me Dodi al firkin.