Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 03:24:59 -0700

At 09:46 PM 9/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>If anyone here has actually owned and/or
>shot with this lens, I'd appreciate hearing from you...even if you want to
>e-mail me rather than risk exposure (oh, what an awful pun) as an heretic.

Tom Abrahamsson reviewed this lens in Viewfinder and liked it well enough.
I considered buying one, but went with the Russar instead, for reasons that
were clear to me at the time but which I can't remember now... I like my
second Russar (the first one had a manufacturing defect) just fine for
outdoor work where sharpness isn't critical, but I often wish it were as
fast as the Japanese (Adorama) 21mm.  One often wants a really wide lens
indoors in tight quarters, but with the Russar one needs either very very
fast film or a tripod or a flash (and I don't like using flash on an M
camera).

- -Patrick