Subject: Re: Bokeh (again); Japanese L-mount lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 10:27:00 -0500

At 10:06 PM 9/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Eric:
>
>Ever use a power computing MAC? I'll never buy another from Apple.

No, but it's gone. Apple just bought them. And they are killing the clone
market. You have no choice, in the future but to buy a Mac if you want a
high-end machine. UMax will probably be around with low end ones, as for
Motorola, if they're smart, they'd withhold all PowerPC chips from Apple
until the get a signed agreement, but then they probably feel honor bound
to follow through with contracts. Unlike Steve Jobs.

Apple now owns the technology of Power Computing's new G3 machine, I bet
the next generation Macs are based on that technology. It's a screamer.
About 100 per cent faster than anything else out there.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

To iterate is human; to recurse, divine.