Subject: Jessop/Efke?/Adox? film
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 01:56:32 +0100 (BST)

I've bought an amount of the 200 ISO black and white film that Jessop in the
UK sells, since it is the cheapest way I've discovered to buy film and it
could be very good. I should probably own up and say I've got the 120
version since it is cheaper than other 120 films- the 35mm one Jessop
currently sells is a new type and from a different source, and also not so
cheap. I will however be using it in my Rollei SL66, with- wait for it- a
Leitz 135mm/f4 Elmar lens head from the old M lens! (On topic again- a
simple somersault...) They say that it is actually the same as Adox film
(and Efke?); on the box it says "Made in Croatia". I'm tickled pink by the
thought of using this stuff and getting great results. I will of course
experiment, starting with Rodinal and Xtol, but any processing suggestions
would be very welcome. If anyone has any experience of using this film and
can share their favourite ISO settings and developers for it, it would be
very helpful.