Subject: Re: Brooks/21mm finder
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 16:55:42 -0400 (EDT)

 Patrick -
 I understand that the Brooks Veriwide 100 (120 film) is the very same
 finder as the Leitz 21mm BL, since both have a 1:1.5 aspect ratio.
 They have become some what of a collectors item but every once in
 a while, you can find them at a reasonable price (not cheap but still
 reasonable)  I prefer the current Leica 12012 , while even though it is
 plastic (the same as what auto bumbers are made from), it has good
 optical quality and wont scratch your camera top when going on or off.

 **********************************Marvin Moss******************************

<<
 I find what you say about the Avenor finders interesting -- I'm in the
 market for a 21mm finder.  Although I've heard differing opinions about the
 Russar finder, I don't like mine much at all, even though it is the later
 version with parallax control.  It's difficult to see the whole frame (and
 I don't wear glasses), and there's a lot of blurring towards the edges.
 Okay for grab shots but no good for careful composition.  I wish I knew
 where to pick up an Avenor finder.  As you say, at 1/3 the price of the
 Leica finder, if they perform at all well it's a great deal.

 -Patrick