Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount / Nikkor "E"
From: "Krzysztof Szecowka" <szecowka@ch.wssk.wroc.pl>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 00:35:40 +0200

I used to be a Nikon user in the past and I highly recommend E-lenses. It
is true that optics is the same as in the more expansive Nikkors, but the
E-lenses don't have plastic mounts. The mounts are stainless steel, only
the lens barrels are plastic. I have some beautiful portraits in my
portfolio taken with 2.8/100 E-lens. After selling all my Nikon equipment
(to buy Leica) I still have this lens. Simply because I wuldn't sell it for
a dime as my friends-photographers suggested. It is really a lovely lens.
At least it is better to use E-lenses on Nikons than to use Sigma lenses on
Leica.

Chris

*********** REPLY PARTITION ***********