Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 22:29:20 -0500

At 09:58 AM 9/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>know just how many special edition cameras and lenses to make
>to sell out to the collectors, and make profits doing it. With
>competition, it's a whole new ballgame. Ed Meyers

But first, they HAVE to be competition. I don't think they are. Leica is
doing better than any other camera company financially, except maybe
Contax. (In the U.S. increase in sales over 30 per cent I seem to
remember.) There ought to be a lesson to other manufacturers in that, and
it isn't cut corners. ;-)

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

When there's a will, I want to be in it.