Subject: Re: Rewind lever jam with M-winder
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 08:34:44 -0400 (EDT)

At 02:16 PM 9/6/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I posted this message about a week ago with no replies.  Can someone please
>offer some suggestions?
>>I am finding that my M6 is jamming at the end of bulk-loaded rolls when
>>using a winder.  The lever used to engage the rewind mechanism is very
>>difficult to move.  When it finally does give, (after requiring more force
>>than when the winder is not used) the gears make a grinding sound.  Has
>>anyone else experienced this? Is it normal or does it indicate a problem of
>>some sort?
>>   I never know when I get to the last frame on my bulk loaded rolls,
>>because I am not sure exactly how many frames I get per load, even though
>>my bulk loader has a frame counter on it.
>>
>-GH

GH:  This happens when you load too much film in the film cannister.  The
camera has problems loading it all back it.  Pay attention when you load the
film and don't try to squeeze in a few extra frames - 40 seems to be the
maximum that will reload without jamming.  Good luck - Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>