Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 21:52:57 -0500

At 08:14 PM 9/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm still not convinced on the Gitzo.

They are much more rugged than anything bogen makes. Lighter and more
compact for the strength, too. But they are harder to use, since you have
to twist the doohickey (that's technical talk for the thing-a-ma-bob)
rather than flip a lever. But so far, I've used bogen, Gitzo, and now have
a quite old, very nice, chrome big Tiltall. I can hold up any lens/camera
combination out there. ;-)

>BTW: How 'bout the CIS/AOL deal. Is nothing sacred.

As long as they keep them separate, I won't have to dump CIS. Some day, the
whole world will be owned by one company. I hope it's not AOL.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO