Subject: "R" Lens Questions
From: FREEDD1@pfizer.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 08:49:44 -0400

     Two quick questions:

     I'm thinking of getting a lower weight (dollars and kg) companion for
     my 70-180/2.8 APO. Often, I find, it's just too much lens to carry or
     risk. Does anyone have experience with the old 1-touch 70-210/4
     Leica/Minolta zoom? Is it a dog to be avoided? I suspect not since
     (unfortunately) it seems to have held its value on the used market
     quite well.

     At the other extreme (dollars and kg):  Any APO-Telyt-R Module system
     users on the list? Short of hitting lotto, it's not likely I'll ever
     own one of these lenses but, with Nikon long glass prices heading
     skyward at a dizzying pace (my other system), who knows? Anyway, I'm
     curious about the performance of the 400/2.8 Telyt configuration. Is
     this new modular lens superior to the prior generation of 400/2.8
     Telyt (which can be found on the used market occasionally for $5000
     less than a new one!!!).

     Any opinions appreciated.

     Dave Freedman