Subject: Tiltall
From: Jim Zietz <jzietz@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 08:07:34 -0500

>From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
>Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 21:52:57 -0500
>Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount
>
>At 08:14 PM 9/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>I'm still not convinced on the Gitzo.

>They are much more rugged than anything bogen makes. Lighter and more
>compact for the strength, too. But they are harder to use, since you have
>?to twist the doohickey (that's technical talk for the thing-a-ma-bob)
>rather than flip a lever. But so far, I've used bogen, Gitzo, and now have
>a quite old, very nice, chrome big Tiltall. I can hold up any lens/camera
>combination out there. ;-)

I'm surprised I haven't heard more from this group about the Tiltall (which
used to be the Leitz Tiltall. I have three of them and use them for 35mm,
6x6cm, and even for a lightweight 4x5 field camera. I have never used
anything else that I liked better, including my overweight Gitzo.

>>BTW: How 'bout the CIS/AOL deal. Is nothing sacred.
>
>As long as they keep them separate, I won't have to dump CIS. Some day, the
>whole world will be owned by one company. I hope it's not AOL.

I hope it's not Microsoft or Intel.